- About Us
- Dongbu Group
Dongbu, An Excellent Global Company
The Dongbu Group began on January 24, 1969 as Miryung Construction (currently as Dongbu Corporation) was founded on a start-up budget of 25million KRW with two employees only.
The company, in the earlier 1970s, had become the leading Korean company to make a stride into a construction market in the Middle East only to achieve a remarkable success, and with the success, the company had, in the 1980s, pushed forward its business projects in strategic and planning manners, laying the framework for what the Dongbu Group takes shape today.
With the full profits earned from it business projects in foreign markets, Dongbu invested it in the national infrastructure industries including steel, fertilizer, construction, logistics, and finance. The company made its own drama showing a gradual growth starting from having most subsidies with newly acquired license or the establishment of a new subsidy to a bottom-up expansion of its business item category. In addition, it took over an insolvent business to transform into a blue-chip company with large-scale investment and through business rationalization.
Dongbu entered into the top 20 ranks in 1990, and then made its standing on the top 10 conglomerates in 2000. (Published by the Fair Trade Commission) It marked a monumental success after overcoming the disadvantage as a late comer who was 30 to 40 years behind the first generation of Korean conglomerates
The Dongbu ‘s 5 businesses have taken their firm stance as locally representative companies in the corresponding industries and sectors, and by securing future new growth engines, most of which include eco-friendly cutting edge industries with future green electricity such as steel, advanced materials, seeds, biotechnology, healthcare, foreign plantations, forestry, general electronics, system semiconductors, robots, LED, green power, environmental plants, and developer, it is now jumping up toward the 2010s.
- Securities, Banking
- Dongbu Securities CO., Ltd.
- Dongbu Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- Dongbu Saving Bank Co., Ltd.
- Dongbu Capital Co., Ltd.
- Dongbu Insurance Co., Ltd
- Dongbu Life Insurance Co., Ltd
- Electronics, IT
- Dongbu Electronics Co., Ltd
- Dongbu HiTek Co., Ltd
- Dongbu Lightek Co., Ltd
- Dongbu Inc.
- Steel, Metal
- Dongbu Metal Co., Ltd.
- Social Responsibility
- Dongbu Cultural Foundation
- Dong-gok Social Philanthropic Foundation
- Dongbu Promy Professional Basketball team
- Insurance ㆍ Securities ㆍ Banking
- Insurance · Securities · Banking Not only having boasted excellent business performance by sticking to the basis of righteous business, the company has also emerged as the first finance company in the country based on its success in the American market with discriminated strategy.
- Electronics ㆍ IT
- Through high-tech semi-conductor business, the company has made synergy effects between accumulated technology and experience, and businesse of robot, LED and IT, and grown into a world-recognized corporation who is capable of manufacturing innovative products with combination of core technology and creativity.
- Steel ㆍ Metal
- The company has grown as the most competitive leader in electric furnace steel business, alloy steel business, special metal steel business and business of metal and chemical materials.
- Social Responsibility
- It has strengthed its businesses of scholoarship and academic promotion, and expanded its scope into Asian and Africa.
- Dongbu has a vision that ‘An Excellent Global Company’. It means ‘we and our business become global so that make a contribution to the humanity in the world.’
Dongbu has a mission that ‘it becomes a global enterprise specializing in all the participating business with
entrepreneurship and innovation to make highest rates of profit and growth, and with sustainable competitiveness in the all business aspects.
- 3 initiatives
- Dongbu has the 3 initiatives that include ‘Globalization ',' Specialization ' and ' High value-added’, concepts having a strategic direction with preemptive policy to attain the vision and mission.